The baby quilt I made was for a co-worker. She asked me to make it for a friend of hers. Yikes, a gift. I said I would love to make it, I also reminded her that it would be only the second quilt that I ever made!
The quilt was made especially for baby Kal-El. Does that name sound familiar? Dad is a comic book fan, so the baby was named after Superman, before he came to earth. With that in mind, the quilt is made with a node to Superman's colorful outfit. It's a simple pattern, but I added the red piping which I think really gave it a nice look. I also have to say that I think it's super cute!
| Blogger Quilt Festival Stats Finished Quilt Size: 44" x 43" Special Techniques Used: Red Piping on Binding Quilted By: Janet Wise Best Category: Baby Quilts |



Great job! My little boys love Superman, the colors are perfect. Good luck with your new blog!
ReplyDeleteThank you Cherilyn!
DeleteVery fun!
ReplyDeleteAnd strangely enough, not the first baby named Kal-el I've heard of... :-)
:-)
DeleteGreat colors and nice work!
ReplyDeleteI'm a sewing newbie too.